Faith Tabernacle Church was planted in 1924 by Pastors Alice and Cloid Banning. Sensing the call of God, they left their home in Oklahoma to plant a new church in Los Angeles. They landed in our neighborhood and began holding services in their garage. As the church grew they recognized the need for a larger facility. In 1938 our congregation bought land on the corner of Olympic Blvd and Purdue Ave and build our campus. For the last 98 years we have been sharing the good news, spreading hope and serving the greater Los Angeles community.
Throughout the years the church has continued to focus on our mission by reaching our community with the love and message of Jesus Christ. Our facility has been updated, ministry style and strategy has changed to be effective in sharing Christ with this generation, but our core message has never changed - Salvation is found through Jesus Christ.